What to Do in Case of a Car Accident
If you or a family member has been injured on the job or due to a car accident, we are ready to help.
- Put your physical safety first – move safely away from the accident if possible
- Immediately call 911 for medical and police help
- If you are able, exchange insurance information with the other party
- If possible, take photos of the vehicles in the position they stopped at after the wreck —if you cannot safely take a photo of the accident, move your vehicle then take a photo
- Ask for names of bystanders who saw or heard what happened (if able)
Be cautious about speaking with anyone else at the scene other than the police and EMTs about what happened and injuries (other than as needed to be sure the medical needs of others are being attended to).
Consider speaking with an attorney before communicating directly with your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance company.